• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Trigger plesk to run code on domain add/remove

freaky@

Regular Pleskian
Hey there,

been browsing the API a bit. But I only seem to find options to send plesk commands through XML API's. We need it the other way around.

We have a second DNS server. This is a very simple server running powerdns. Anyways, all I want is plesk to automatically add/remove the domains from the SQL database (on the other DNS server thus so the domains get picked up). I can write some PHP/Perl/Python/whatever code to do this, but some how I would need to have plesk trigger this code and pass some options (mainly being if the domain is added or removed and the domainname) when a domain is added/removed.

Any suggestions?

One more ques, being the curious bastard that I am :D There are plenty of other ways to solve this, so it's no biggy whatsoever.

Tried setting an environment variable before starting the script, but this appearantly isn't possible (well it isn't working...)

EVT=domcreate /path/to/script

script never gets executed now. Probably has to do with the way plesk interprets it...

Anyone know if it's possible? Again, just curious, plenty of solutions... :)

Back