• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Trouble receiving emials from google/Gmail

Jesse Fitzgerald

New Pleskian
Plesk Onyx Version 17.0.17 Update #19, Linux speedbird.deltaforgeds.com 2.6.32-642.15.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Feb 24 14:31:22 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux. CentOS release 6.8 (Final). Qmail/Dovecot.

This may not be a Plesk problem, but... We are having trouble receiving emails from Google gmail users. Only gmail. They either arrive hours or days after being sent, or they bounce. There are long delays when the email is sent via a desktop email client, and very long delays and bounces when sent from the gmail.com http/web interface. We have a signed Geotrust SSL certificate for the mail server, which authenticates perfectly. We see the same exact behavior with Postfix as well. Nothing shows in /var/log/maillog when the mail is sent from qmail, but we did see a connect/disconnect from gmail when we had Postfix installed and in debug mode. Either way, the symptom is the same with both Qmail and Postfix.

Below is an example of one of the google bounce/delay emails "header/diagnostic" stuff that came with the return. I'm looking at "Diagnostic-Code: smtp; read error: generic::failed_precondition: read error (0): error" Very strange. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--Jesse :)

The response from the remote server was:
read error: generic::failed_precondition: read error (0): error

Reporting-MTA: dns; googlemail.com
Arrival-Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 03:33:07 -0700 (PDT)
X-Original-Message-ID: <CAAuRi5SiZPukLVGcY34-A94exRRUXw1DWwUFDcU8AcxmPD9Frg@mail.gmail.com>

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [email protected]
Action: delayed
Remote-MTA: dns; mail.rfc1532.net. (72.249.135.2, the server for the domain rfc1532.net.)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; read error: generic::failed_precondition: read error (0): error
Last-Attempt-Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 05:06:37 -0700 (PDT)
Will-Retry-Until: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 03:33:07 -0700 (PDT)

I figured it out. Those google MTU ip's are all blacklisted. I turned off the RBL monitor on my firewall, and they go straight through now.

We changed the RBL source to zen.spamhaus.org only and re-enabled the RBL service. We had two other sources enabled before. All relevant emails are being received appropriately.

Back