• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Trouble with plesk_resctrl

H9k

Regular Pleskian
I believe this Plesk Resource Control thing is new to Onyx.
I am not using it yet, and have not set any CPU/IO/BW/Whatever limits to my subscriptions.
But the plesk_resctrl service is installed and running, on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS inside an LXC container.

However I ran into problems, with /var/log/auth.log being full of these error messages:
Dec 19 11:58:21 foo plesk_resctrl[6220]: pam_systemd(plesk_resctrl:session): Failed to create session: Failed to activate service 'org.freedesktop.login1': timed out​

This also caused logins to SSH or connections to Apache to be slowed down by several seconds.
In the end I ended up just uninstalling the Plesk Resource Control feature, which btw lead to systemd consuming 100% CPU for several minutes. After that procedure, everything is fast and reliable again.

Anyone else had problems with this service?

Just note that Plesk Control Groups are supported in Plesk on Virtuozzo 6 and Virtuozzo 7 but not inside an LXC container. Uninstalling the Plesk Resource Control feature is a better solution here.

Back