• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

trying to restore website file permissions

• Thread starter Michael Wartman
  • Start date
M

Michael Wartman

i am trying to restore the file system permissions after a reimage of the server. the backup files were queued not to contain the data to cut down on server down time while the backup is running, and overall backup file size. upon restoring the backup, all the websites report permission denied. i ran the check and repair tool but it leaves these entries in the event log, and the websites are still unavailable. i ran the reconfigurator and replaced the psaobsolete.dll file. still no luck. any ideas?

Event Type: Error
Event Source: reconfigurator.exe
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1
Date: 11/6/2009
Time: 2:42:53 AM
User: N/A
Computer: LONGBOW
Description:
Execute reconfigure_helper.exe --query-site-application-information failed: Unknown command: --query-site-application-information

at (execUtil line 112)
at Execute C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\reconfigure_helper.exe --query-site-application-information(execUtil line 132)
at Unable to fix permissions of old osCommerce(psaobsolete::VHostsSecurity::CheckPermissions line 691)
Execute file name: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\reconfigurator.exe

As I know this proble related to Client's Preset and incorrect records in DashboardPresetConfig table for this preset_id.
Therefore the main task is determining this preset_id, then select from mentioned table with this preset_id and find records for unexisting domainID or subdomainID or something else. It should be removed from this table. After that all should be fine.

Back