• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Trying to run cgi-irc - 500 Server error

M

mandrich

Hello,

I'm migrating over from a Plesk 5.5 installation to Plesk 7.5 Reloaded. I need to run cgi-irc because I have clients who can only connect to irc via port 80 through a browser. Everything appears to be working correctly for cgi scripts, but irc.cgi returns a 500 error and the logs show a "premature end of script headers" in the logs. This is the exact script that I am able to run on the Plesk 5.5 box I have, leading me to believe it's an environment issue.. Here are the details:

Level.domain.com is a sub-domain of domain.com. CGI support is turned on for the child domain, but not the parent. The files have been copied into the cgi-bin of the subdomain. The permissions are as follows -

drwxr-xr-x 2 ftpltm psacln 4096 Jan 29 11:57 .
drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Jan 29 10:56 ..
-rwxr-xr-x 1 ftpltm psacln 2376 Jan 29 11:23 client-perl.cgi
-rwxr-xr-x 1 ftpltm psacln 6727 Jan 29 11:23 irc.cgi
-rwxr-xr-x 1 ftpltm psacln 36485 Jan 29 11:23 nph-irc.cgi
-rwxr-xr-x 1 ftpltm psacln 88 Jan 29 11:57 test.cgi

I wrote a basic "Hello World" test script (test.cgi) that works fine and tells me that cgi is functional. The irc.cgi script I'm trying to run has #! /usr/bin/perl -w as the path. Permissions look correct. Same configration I ran on the previous server. Any guidance is appreciated.

Found the issue. Incorrect permissions on my config file. A chmod 644 fixed everything. :eek:

Back