• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Trying to run cgi-irc - 500 Server error

M

mandrich

Guest
Hello,

I'm migrating over from a Plesk 5.5 installation to Plesk 7.5 Reloaded. I need to run cgi-irc because I have clients who can only connect to irc via port 80 through a browser. Everything appears to be working correctly for cgi scripts, but irc.cgi returns a 500 error and the logs show a "premature end of script headers" in the logs. This is the exact script that I am able to run on the Plesk 5.5 box I have, leading me to believe it's an environment issue.. Here are the details:

Level.domain.com is a sub-domain of domain.com. CGI support is turned on for the child domain, but not the parent. The files have been copied into the cgi-bin of the subdomain. The permissions are as follows -

drwxr-xr-x 2 ftpltm psacln 4096 Jan 29 11:57 .
drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Jan 29 10:56 ..
-rwxr-xr-x 1 ftpltm psacln 2376 Jan 29 11:23 client-perl.cgi
-rwxr-xr-x 1 ftpltm psacln 6727 Jan 29 11:23 irc.cgi
-rwxr-xr-x 1 ftpltm psacln 36485 Jan 29 11:23 nph-irc.cgi
-rwxr-xr-x 1 ftpltm psacln 88 Jan 29 11:57 test.cgi

I wrote a basic "Hello World" test script (test.cgi) that works fine and tells me that cgi is functional. The irc.cgi script I'm trying to run has #! /usr/bin/perl -w as the path. Permissions look correct. Same configration I ran on the previous server. Any guidance is appreciated.
 
Found the issue. Incorrect permissions on my config file. A chmod 644 fixed everything. :eek:
 
Back
Top