• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Turn off wordpress autoupdate

tomdelalune

New Pleskian
I had installed wordpress through the App vault a while ago.
I recently, after the Plesk 11.5 update, got an offer through a little green alert message in my control panel saying something like : Would you like Plesk to update automatically your application?... At the moment, I am like, sure why not?...

DO NOT TURN ON AUTOUPDATE!!!

First, it will not back up anything before updating wordpress. Allways make sure you backed up your file and database before.
Second if by any chance you had updated it manually you will get an error and it will overwrite completely your wordpress directory.

It took me a while to figurate out what was going on, as everyday at 00:44am while the server was doing it's daily routine, checking for plesk update or rotating the logs...etc. It was also trying to update wordpress automatically and as mention above it was overwriting the directory so I was wake up and the site was not found...

Please fix you automatic update system.
Thank you
-T.

Back