• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Two Databases In The One Database Server?

GregoryRasputin

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.46 Update #2,
Hi
Whenever a database is created on on Plesk, it adds that database to it's own personal instance of phpMyAdmin, I don't really have an issue with that however, I tried converting my forum software to a different one and that require two databases being on the one phpMyAdmin instance and there is no way around this.
Is there a way for me to add two databses to the one phpMyAdmin?

it adds that database to it's own personal instance of phpMyAdmin
That's not how it works. A database is not added to phpMyAdmin. phpMyAdmin is a tool to view databases. It does not care where that database is. There is no static connection between phpMyAdmin and a database. It's more like a window through which you look and can see or edit your database.

Is there a way for me to add two databses to the one phpMyAdmin?
No.

What you might have seen elsewhere is that phpMyAdmin is capable of display a list of database to let you choose from one. For example the "admin" phpMyAdmin does that on a Plesk server. You can access that through the Tools & Settings > Database menu.

But as phpMyAdmin is in no way involved in database format conversions or upgrade operations, I doubt that this is required to update or migrate a forum software. If you need it to view a dump, then copy & paste it into another database, you can always also export and import the dump.

But as phpMyAdmin is in no way involved in database format conversions or upgrade operations, I doubt that this is required to update or migrate a forum software. If you need it to view a dump, then copy & paste it into another database, you can always also export and import the dump.
I added both the databases via the database menu and the conversion tool complained that both the databases were not on the same server and I could not continue any further

Before I started using Plesk I had other software and I was able to access phpMyAdmin and it listed all my databases instead of just one, I was also able to import databases via phpMyAdmin, however I cannot do this with Plesk, this is probably where my confusion on how phpMyadmin works.

complained that both the databases were not on the same server
Normally you would enter localhost in a locally executed conversion software (or other software that accesses databases). You can access all databases that are hosted on a Plesk server from every subscription on that server, even if they belong to someone else and allow to be accessed from localhost. You only need three parameters: host name ("localhost"), database login name and database password. This is completely independent from phpMyAdmin. phpMyAdmin is not needed by software to access your databases.

Back