• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Two problems with PSA 6.5.1

A

Ancient

Problems:

1) IIS 6 won't start
2) No uninstaller available

I uninstalled Plesk 6.5.0 and rebooted, then installed Plesk 6.5.1 and rebooted. After the server came back up, IIS wouldn`t start.

Event logs show:

The HTTP Filter DLL C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\fpmapping.dll failed to load. The data is the error.

and

Could not load all ISAPI filters for site/service. Therefore startup aborted.

I looked for fpmapping.dll, both in the directory given above and the rest of the server in hopes to try to regsvr32 it, but it was not found. Anyway, I removed the ISAPI mapping from the server, leaving only Jakarta, and IIS started fine.

I do have a few clients with FrontPage, so I`ll probably need that mapping in there.

I don`t know what to say about the uninstaller. I attempted to reinstall Plesk, but the distribution finds it already installed and does not make any further attempts. Is there a command line switch I can add to the installer to force a fresh reinstall?

Cheers.

- Tony

Have you tried running the install to uninstall? Also, from what I understand you are better to leave Plesk 6.5 installed and then install the Service Pack.

Back