• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade from 8.2 to 8.4 error

C

commuterzombie

Hi everyone, this is my first post and it's a long one. This has been doing my nut in and I hope you can help. Please bear in mind that this is my first time using Plesk for Windows, and I think I might have done something wrong...

I have a web server running Windows 2003 Web edition. On that webserver I had Plesk for Windows 8.2, just running with mySQL. That all worked fine for a couple of months, until a friend asked me to host a site that used MSSQL express. I downloaded MSSQL, installed it (using SA authentication for the default instance) and got it all running. I then tried to add it as a database server in Plesk, but the MSSQL option never appeared in the Server/Databases section of the Plesk GUI. Restarting the Plesk services, rebooting the server & repair installs of both Plesk & MSSQL all failed to get Plesk to recognise the existence of MSSQL.

I then decided to try 8.4, reasoning that when it installed it would detect MSSQL. I installed 8.4 from the downloadable installer. After the install completed I noticed that the control panel wasn't started in the Plesk Services monitor. I started it manually and attempted to browse to the web interface (on localhost:8443). I get the warning about the SSL certificate, and then just see the message 'Service Unavailable' in my browser.

Again, rebooting the server, restarting all of the Plesk services etc. has failed to correct the problem. I can manually start the Plesk control panel service without error messages appearing, but attempting to access the web GUI stops the service.

Any ideas on what I can do to correct the problem? I'd like to avoid removing and re-installing Plesk if at all possible as the forums I run on the server at the moment are still working and I'd like to minimise any downtime.

For reference, here are all of the errors in Event Viewer that I can find that may be relevant:

Errors in Event Viewer/Plesk:
--------------
Event Type: Error
Event Source: defpackagemng.exe
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1
Date: 21/07/2008
Time: 17:18:45
User: N/A
Computer: [removed]
Description:
IDispatch error #93 (COM Error 8004025D, Description: The license has been expired.
at (CKavScanner::Init line 139)) at Unable to get KAV version
at (AntivirusFilter::getDescription line 136)
Execute file name: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\defpackagemng.exe
-------------

Errors in Event Viewer/System:

Event Source: W3SVC
Event ID: 1002
Date: 28/07/2008
Time: 13:36:34
Description:
Application pool 'PleskControlPanel' is being automatically disabled due to a series of failures in the process(es) serving that application pool.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Errors in Event Viewer/Applications

Event Source: W3SVC-WP
Event ID: 2214
Description:
The HTTP Filter DLL C:\Program Files\Helicon\ISAPI_Rewrite3\ISAPI_Rewrite.dll failed to load. The data is the error.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 05 00 00 00 ....

Event Source: W3SVC-WP
Event ID: 2268
Description:
Could not load all ISAPI filters for site/service. Therefore startup aborted.

Data:
0000: 05 00 00 00 ....

---

Thanks in advance for any help.

Woohoo! I fixed the control panel problem by renaming the .dll file named in the error & doing a repair install of ISAPI rewrite.

Control panel started fine after that. Still can't get plesk to recognise my MSSQL DB server though...

Back