• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Two seperate DNS Servers

TonyDas

New Pleskian
Hello

It seems as I migrated from CPanel to PPA 11.5 I now need to migrate again, so I have decided to use Plesk multi server.
My problem is I need two dedicated DNS servers as my registrar requires two DNS servers with two different IP addresses.
Is it possible to have two seperate DNS servers with Plesk Multi Server.

Is it likely that the proposed "centralized DNS server" could serve both Windows & Linux Multi Server nodes? Seems possible as both can use BIND. So ns1 & ns2 serve DNS for all our Plesk servers whatever the platform and whatever the location?

Have already an answer to this question? At the moment we have dedicated Windows dns-servers. We are looking to see if Plesk is something for us. One of the things we need is support for Windows DNS in a multi-server way.

Hi jeroenvd,
for what i know the slave-dns-manager you are revering to only supports BIND DNS-servers which is Linux ofc. Or does it support Microsoft/Windows DNS also? As that is exactly what where are searching for at the moment.

You can use BIND instead of Microsoft DNS: Using BIND Instead of Microsoft DNS (Windows). And the next step you can synchronize this DNS with two or more slave DNS via Slave DNS Manager.

Dear Tony,

if you need two or more dedicated DNS Server (with User Management) you can use "Facilemanager".

You need to install a webinterface and one or two DNS Server with the Client of Facilemanager.

More information here:

facileManager › Easy Administration

I wrote last year a small tutorial here:

Installation on Debian 7.x 8.x (with safety aspects) · WillyXJ/facileManager Wiki · GitHub

Small advice: Please use version 2.X / Version 3.X is not stable!

If you want to use the Plesk-Tools, you have to install a dedicated BIND DNS Server, and the Slave DNS extention for Plesk. The Plesk server works as Master DNS and the BIND server as Slave DNS.

I hope there is a solution for your problem.

All the best
Julian

Back