• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Ubuntu 16.04 ( official final release date: April 21st 2016 )

We never support alpha or beta versions of third-party software in Plesk. We support only officially released versions.
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS will be supported mandatory.

Dont think he or anyone else was expecting a release that supported 16-beta.
But that 16-beta was out for a good amount of time before 16.04LTS was released thus Plesk team had plenty time to finish up a version that fully supports 16.04LTS very shortly after the release of the new LTS.
Our company has a mandatory upgrade schedule of LTS versions within no more then 2months after a new LTS.
For this reason we are considering moving away from Plesk.

@Helge Rossvoll

Your post contains a valid point, that is underestimated in this whole topic thread: Plesk should consider reasonable OS Support schedules, including those of Plesk customers.

Thanks for the post.

Regards.......

It is supported by Plesk Onyx... https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213934945-Does-Plesk-12-5-support-Ubuntu-16-04-
So, the question would be now: is there a way to re-use my current Plesk license when installing Plesk Onyx?

My provider did not have that version, and I am to install Ubuntu 16.04
I bought the Plesk License altogether, but it comes as a pack... so I am to install Ubuntu 14.04, with Plesk Pre-installed, and then try to upgrade Plesk to Onyx, and after that, upgrade Ubuntu to 16.04

Install Ubu14.04+Plesk12.5=>UpgradeToPleskOnyx=>UpgradeToUbu16.04

Is that a feasible pathway to take advantage of my license?

Back