• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Ubuntu 16.04 + Plesk Onyx and Owncloud / PHP

nvd126

New Pleskian
Hey guys,

i have a litte Problem with my owncloud.
On ubuntu 14.04 with Plesk 12 it works verry well. But on 16.04 it dont want to works.

Owncloud is installed in var/WWW/owncloud.

when i enter owncloud (www.domain.com/owncloud) it download a "index.php" out of my owncloud Folder. I already ask in the owncloud board, but they said i should ask in the plesk board.
My Webspace with php (www.domain.com) works verry well.

Ubuntu Version: 16.04
Plesk: 17.0.17
PHP: 7.0.13
Webserver: apache2

maybe someone have the answer, thanks a lot and have a nice day

If a .php file is not executed but downloaded or displayed in the browser when opening the default web server directory, OS vendor PHP has not been activated for Apache. Check your Apache configuration settings if the mode is set to "MPM prefork" and if the "PHP5" module is active.

Hey thanks for your answer.
I have installed php 5.6 a few minutes ago and I checked that MPM-Pfrefork is activated. it doesnt Change something

In Default Directory php works, but not in var/WWW/owncloud.
In ubuntu 14.04 with plesk 12 and 17 it works.

I wonder what Plesk version and configuration you have for that domain, because the location /var/www/ should not be filled with any subscription data at all. Would it be a possible approach to create a subscription and user owncloud inside the subscription? I am pretty sure that it will work from there.

I didn't create a Domain. it does owncloud automatically.
Install owncloud -> reachable under Domain.com/owncloud (under 14.04 it works, 16.04 not).

I really want to give you some logs, but nothing interesting yet

Back