• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Ubuntu 20.04 LTS + Plesk Obsidian Firewall Ext. says: iptables is needed...

Joachim_Weisse

New Pleskian
Hello,

I installed (Hosted by Hetzner) Ubuntu 20.04 LTS + Plesk Obsidian Web Pro Edition. I installed the Plesk Firewall xetension and open the Plesk Firewal:
Error: The Firewall module requires Iptables to be installed. Please install the Iptables package from your OS vendor.
1645701496141.png

Then I read, Ubuntu 20.04 prefers nftables and not anymore iptables. Is that right?

At this point I have to ask, what is the prefered way to come up to a runing Plesk Firewall Extension with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS? (fresh server installation)

At the distribution/Plesk paket from Hetzner (Plesk Obsidian+Ubuntu 20.04 LTS) is iptables, nftables or ufw not pre-installed - what I have to install and what way to proper work with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS AND Plesk Obsidian Firewall Extension?

Best regards

what I have to install and what way to proper work with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS AND Plesk Obsidian Firewall Extension?

You will have to do: apt install netfilter-persistent iptables-persistent

AFAIK the Plesk firewall extension only works with iptables, not with nftables.

Back