• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Ubuntu 22/Plesk Obsidian: "There are incorrect permissions on some items: \/var\/lock","level":1}"

GerdSchrewe

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.45
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, Plesk 18.45
Contabo V-Server with a few Wordpress und Typo3 installations.
Everything works fine, but during "Plesk diagnosis and repair" i get the following error message:

Der Vorgang ist fehlgeschlagen. Fehlermeldung: {"id":1,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -n","type":"progress","message":"Checking Linux system files","level":0} {"id":2,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -n","type":"error","message":"There are incorrect permissions on some items: \/var\/lock","level":1} {"id":3,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -n","type":"progress","message":"Checking virtual hosts' file system","level":0} {"id":3,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -n","type":"success","message":"Checking virtual hosts' file system","level":0}

When i try to repair, i get:

Der Vorgang ist fehlgeschlagen. Fehlermeldung: {"id":1,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -y","type":"progress","message":"Checking Linux system files","level":0} {"id":2,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -y","type":"error","message":"There are incorrect permissions on some items: \/var\/lock","level":1} {"id":3,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -y","type":"progress","message":"Repairing incorrect permissions","level":2} {"id":3,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -y","type":"failed","message":"Repairing incorrect permissions","level":2} {"id":3,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -y","type":"failed","message":"Repairing incorrect permissions","level":2,"details":"fsmng failed: ERROR:Cannot fix %s: file exists and it is not a\nsymlink\n"} {"id":4,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -y","type":"progress","message":"Checking virtual hosts' file system","level":0} {"id":4,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -y","type":"success","message":"Checking virtual hosts' file system","level":0}

Just ignore it or any ideas how to fix it?
Thanks a lot!

Have you seen this article?

Thank you very much.
Yes I've read the article but the error message is a little different than mine.
Do you think the way suggested in the article would still work.
I am not very familiar with SSH commands and therefore always very careful.

Can you try to run this command on the command line?

plesk repair fs -v

You should run it as root.

It doesn't do much except give you a better overview of the issue. The error message in the GUI is hard to read.

Can you try to run this command on the command line?

plesk repair fs -v

You should run it as root.

It doesn't do much except give you a better overview of the issue. The error message in the GUI is hard to read.
root@server2:~# plesk repair fs -v
Checking Linux system files

There are incorrect permissions on some items: /var/lock .......... [ERROR]
- Incorrect permissions on /var/lock. Expected: one of 0777.
Actual: 01777.
Incorrect type of /var/lock. Expected: symlink. Actual:
directory
Do you want to repair incorrect permissions? [Y/n] n

Checking virtual hosts' file system ................................. [OK]

Error messages: 1; Warnings: 0; Errors resolved: 0

That's much easier to read than the message in the GUI.

If you follow the support article I mentioned above, you should be able to fix this.

root@server2:~# plesk repair fs -v
Checking Linux system files

There are incorrect permissions on some items: /var/lock .......... [ERROR]
- Incorrect permissions on /var/lock. Expected: one of 0777.
Actual: 01777.
Incorrect type of /var/lock. Expected: symlink. Actual:
directory
Do you want to repair incorrect permissions? [Y/n] n

Checking virtual hosts' file system ................................. [OK]

Error messages: 1; Warnings: 0; Errors resolved: 0

That's much easier to read than the message in the GUI.

If you follow the support article I mentioned above, you should be able to fix this.
Thank you very much! You were spot on with the link to the article.

Back