• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Ubuntu dist-upgrade 18.04.6 LTS to 20/22

On my new Plesk Server:
~
In my Maillog:
~
My hosting provider has enabled port 25 outbound. I also talked to him on the phone, he can't find any error.
I have not installed any firewall extension in Plesk. What else can it be?
The small extract that you've posted, shows that you're using IONOS MX settings for your e-mail... Plus you've posted two different IP addresses...
Did you want (and therefore, have you actually properly configured...) mail service, on the domain that you're testing on, to be hosted & configured in Plesk?
If yes, then you'll need to re-examine your IONOS settings re: MX records first of all... (we use IONOS but cloud servers not VPS, but it's the same principle)

No idea of the domain name that you're using to test, but both of those IP addresses thatc are in your post, report some failures when tested on Mail To > https://www.checktls.com/TestReceiver Only you can test the Mail From > https://www.checktls.com/TestSender but these (and all other test sites) can be used for reference, once you've resolved your IONOS / Plesk interface configs, which, appears (from what you've posted so far) to be your starting point...

The small extract that you've posted, shows that you're using IONOS MX settings for your e-mail... Plus you've posted two different IP addresses...
Did you want (and therefore, have you actually properly configured...) mail service, on the domain that you're testing on, to be hosted & configured in Plesk?
If yes, then you'll need to re-examine your IONOS settings re: MX records first of all... (we use IONOS but cloud servers not VPS, but it's the same principle)

No idea of the domain name that you're using to test, but both of those IP addresses thatc are in your post, report some failures when tested on Mail To > https://www.checktls.com/TestReceiver Only you can test the Mail From > //email/testFrom: but these (and all other test sites) can be used for reference, once you've resolved your IONOS / Plesk interface configs, which, appears (from what you've posted so far) to be your starting point...
It's purely about mailing to the outside via a PHP mailer, or also mailing Plesk status mails. The mail service on the Plesk with mailboxes is not used. The port 25 is closed, but according to IONOS it is open. I reopened the ticket on the issue with IONOS, but wanted to be sure there wasn't another setting somewhere in Plesk. A firewall is not installed on the Plesk and also the command: root@vps2:~# ufw status shows me

It's purely about mailing to the outside via a PHP mailer, or also mailing Plesk status mails. ~~~
Not 100% sure, but think you'll need mail service configured within Plesk, even if, it's only PHP mailer that you're using, hence back to previous post re: config. Others will no doubt confirm or comment on this to assist you. We don't host any domains that use PHP Mailer exclusively, which is why we're not 100% sure.

I'm pretty sure it's because port 25 is dense.
Because I should at least be able to connect with root@vps2:~# telnet smtp.ionos.de 25. On my other servers it looks like this:
root@vps4:~# telnet smtp.ionos.de 25
Trying 213.165.67.113...
Connected to smtp.ionos.de.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 kundenserver.de (mreue107) Nemesis ESMTP Service ready

I'm pretty sure it's because port 25 is dense.
Dense? Is that ^ just a typo?
Because I should at least be able to connect with root@vps2:~# telnet smtp.ionos.de 25. On my other servers it looks like this:
@heydemar There's speculation here, yes, but no supporting data. At this stage, only you know the full config of both of your VPS setups & that includes their individual OS and Plesk configs, so posting a 'theoretical comparison' doesn't really allow others to assist you.

What's shown in post #24 is you being able to connect to an IONOS mail server (smtp.ionos.de) on port 25, but absolutely nothing else.

That's not a proof of concept of you not being to successfully use Plesk and/or Plesk being the cause of the problems you're having and/or you NOT being able to send mail via port 25 on that specific IP address. No matter if IP > Domain or IP > PTR are tested it is always, the fully expected result i.e. the FQDM of smtp.ionos.de That is not a domain / mail service that you are hosting yourself either exclusive to IONOS and/or by using Plesk. Does that make sense now?

If you re-read posts #21 and #23 again ^^ then look at the attached image for a slightly more detailed test (it's only what you have already tested in post #24 but with more context) especially, confirmation that you, are the only person who can make the Mail From test... which you said, is where your problems are...

Attachments

• CheckTLS.jpg
    CheckTLS.jpg
    957.3 KB · Views: 6
@heydemar Additional Note: The mail service problem you're having is quite a different subject, than the ones covered by this thread title. It might be better, if this thread was marked as resolved and you create a new thread, with more relevant detail to this mail service problem?

Back