1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Ubuntu installation, totally useless?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Soulhuntre, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Soulhuntre

Soulhuntre Guest

Ok. I am a fairly smart guy. I have been workign Linux systems for a while. I am, however, new to Ubuntu.

I have a fresh VPS, I put the supported (5.04) version on it. All is well. Nice OS.

I transfer onto it the Autoinstaller that is appropriate for Ubuntu 5.04.

I runt he auto-installer, and it fails MISERABLY. Here is a small sample of the error...

Can someoen clue me in as to why this fails so utterly when it is ina fuully supported configuration?

Heck, for that matter - woudlnt it make sense for SWSoft to have a VPC / VMWare image file of the trial installation ona supported OS for us?

Anyway, any help appreciated. And yes, right afte that I tried "apt-get update" and "apt-get -f install".

* sigh *