• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved [UI][MINOR] Scheduled Task result detail model dialog box has no closing controls

Kaspar

API expert
Plesk Guru
Username:

TITLE

[UI][MINOR] Scheduled Task result detail model dialog box has no closing controls

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

CentOS 7.9
Plesk 18.0.48

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

The model dialog box that can be opened to view the run details of a Scheduled Task contains no controls to be closed. A close button or cross (X) to close the model dialog box is missing. If I am not mistaken those where present in versions of Plesk.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1) Go to Tools & Settings > Scheduled Tasks and click the Add task button.
2) Create a task with a command that created an error. For example I used mysqldump -u foo > dump.sql.
3) Click the Run Now button, observe the task fails and click the See details link in the Toaster box which opens the model dialog box.
4) Notice how the opened model dialog box has no control to be close.

NLMzA5P.png

A workaround is to click outside the model dialog box. Which closes to model dialog box.

ACTUAL RESULT

No controls to close the model dialog box

EXPECTED RESULT

Some controls, like a close button or and X cross, to close the model dialog box are expected.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Last edited:
Hi Kaspar, I was unable to reproduce this on CentOS 7.9, Plesk 18.0.48. Here the dialog is shown with a "Close" button at the bottom, but it also has a scroll bar to scroll to that button:

1670692962356.png

Do you have more details on your screen resolution or browser type and browser window size?

You're right. There actually is a Close button at the bottom of the dialog box. I completely missed that. I think thats because on my laptop (meaning a rather small screen) using Chrome when there is a multi line error message in the dialog box (like with mysqldump -u foo > dump.sql) the Close button is pushed below the "fold" and not visible without scrolling. In Chrome a scrollbar isn't visible by default expect on scrolling. So, sadly, in Chrome there is no indication you need scroll.

But that's more of an UX imperfection then an actual bug I guess.

Thank you for clarifying and checking this, Kaspar. There should be a scroll bar in Chrome, too. I have reported the case as [PPS-13696].

Developers could not reproduce the issue in Chrome:
363085_image-2022-12-12-11-50-38-552.png

Version 108.0.5359.99 (Official Build) (64-bit) for Windows. Do you have any additional details to reproduce it? Does this happen on different machines that you are using or only on one?

PS. It is possible to close this dialog box just clicking outside of it as it works for most boxes in Plesk.

Ah, yes, my bad again. The minimalistic appearance the scrollbar is not a 'feature' of Chrome as I initially stated but an issue on all browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari) running on MacOS. On Windows it's fine.

PS. It is possible to close this dialog box just clicking outside of it as it works for most boxes in Plesk.
I know. And contrarily to what I initially reported there is an close button as you pointed out. It's just that on MacOS browser (when using a small screen, for example with on a macbook) the close button is not directly visible as it's gets pushed down below the 'fold' when there is a multi-line error. It's an minor issue really. But thank you for looking in to it.

Developers were unable to reproduce the missing scrollbar on a Mac, including testing different screen resolutions. We still think though, that closing controls should be added, so it was submitted for further review, processing and eventually adding closing controls for better handling of the dialog window. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. [PPPM-13820]

Since Plesk 18.0.50: The “Scheduled Tasks” model dialog box now again has the scroll bar and the “Close” button.

Back