• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to activate/deactivate domain

A

AriaF

Hello,

I am recently getting this error on one of my windows servers.

It was working fine and as much as I know, I haven't done anything new on this server.

here is the exact error:
ERROR: PleskUserException
Unable to activate/deactivate domain: Cannot use the special principal 'sys'.

Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: PleskFatalException
Cannot use the special principal 'sys'.

0: DomainToggleUIPointer.php:28
DomainToggleUIPointer->disableDomain(object of type BsDomain)
1: client.domain.toggle.php:44
plesk__client__domain__toggle->accessItem(string 'GET', NULL null)
2: UIPointer.php:601
UIPointer->access(string 'GET')
3: plesk.php:43

Any idea about how to fix this issue would be appreciated.

Thank you guys.

Unable to activate/deactivate domain: Cannot use the special principal 'sys'

I am getting the same error when trying to suspend a domain

There are can be databases for domains and one of them has a user named 'sys'. The sys user is a reserved system user in MSSQL, you are not able to deactivate it by design. When you try to deactivate it is removed from the Plesk side, but remains in the MSSQL thus becomes orphaned.
You can manually update the status of the user in Plesk, so it is shown as normal, but still - there is no way to delete it permanently.
As a workaround you can rename 'sys' user for the domain. It will actually exist, but will not be shown in the Plesk Control Panel. Instead you can add sys1 user (which is not system, but has full access rights). After that the domain should be deactivated successfully.

Back