• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Unable to activate SSL despite A record added

DigitalSplendid

Regular Pleskian
I have domain name digitalsplendid.host registered with NameCheap. Added A record as part of connecting with a WordPress instance using Lightsail Ubuntu Plesk.

SSL for digitalsplendid.host not activated. Getting this message:

Could not issue an SSL/TLS certificate for digitalsplendid.host
Details
Could not issue a Let's Encrypt SSL/TLS certificate for digitalsplendid.host. Authorization for the domain failed.

Details
Invalid response from https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/authz-v3/9563401326.

Details:

Type: urn:ietf:params:acme:error:dns

Detail: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up TXT for _acme-challenge.digitalsplendid.host - check that a DNS record exists for this domain

Contacted NameCheap support and they confirmed that A name has been correctly added to DNS settings of NameCheap, . They asked to contact Amazon support. Since using Plesk, I think this is the platform to discuss the hurdle faced.

Once again: There are general routing issues with your IP and domain. You'll need to contat your web hosting provider about it. Your name resolves to an IP that cannot be accessed from the outside.

After opting for static IP, the new IP address is 65.0.253.2. This actually on the browser takes me to Plesk admin dashboard. Once logged in to Plesk, I see the IP address 15.207.86.22 (which I remember was the IP address or Public IP before opting for static IP option). It is intriguing how the Plesk dashboard still showing 15.207.86.22 and I have already opened a ticket with Plesk. Not sure what I am missing.

I mean do I need to edit somewhere on Plesk that will correct IP 65.0.253.2 instead of 15.207.86.22.

Correcting A record with domain name registrar is something I can do at any time. But till now did not do as under Plesk dashboard, the IP address showing is still 15.207.86.22.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 5
On the IP address management page Tools & Settings > IP Addresses click "Re-Read IP". Then make this a "shared" address. Then go into the subscription "Web Hosting Access" and select the new IP from the drop down box, save it.

@Peter Debik

While making the above changes, I might have done something wrong.

Now, unable to access Plesk login page.

After typing sudo plesk login on SSH, here is the URL
ubuntu@brave-moore:~$

But the above, not taking me to the login page.

Earlier, instead of using the above url for accessing Plesk login page, I was just putting 65.0.253.2 and could login from there.

Now, 65.0.253.2 seems to be connected with a WordPress instance.

You'll really have to sort these issues out with the IP addresses. Have you seen this article?

@Peter Debik

Thanks once again. As of now, unable to access Plesk login page. As mentioned in the tutorial, " The new IP should not be added under Plesk > Tools & Settings > IP Addresses before applying the instructions below. Remove it if it's already added." So, I perhaps need to access Plesk dashboard to remove before proceeding with SSH commands.

If you cannot access the dashboard, look into Plesk FAQs to learn how to execute the commands on the Linux console. All Plesk configurations can also be done by a client command, and most of these are well documented.

@Peter Debik

I have started once again from scratch. Once again when I added 65.0.253.2 as A record for domain name digitalsplendid.host, it failed to connect (nor for that matter SSL activated).

Next, I went to IP Address (under tools and settings) and find two fields: IP Address and Public IP Address. Do I need to add A record with the IP Address which is 172.26.0.134/255.255.240.0 instead of Public IP Address (65.0.253.2). And indeed if A record with the IP Address, will it be just 172.26.0.134.

Is it that 65.0.253.2 meant for Plesk admin dashboard as a whole? And it is not supposed to be IP address for any WordPress instance?

Sorry for continued questioning.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 2
Back