• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to add MSSQL 2014 Express server

H9k

Regular Pleskian
I have Plesk 12 on Windows Server 2012 and SQL 2014 Express, and I am unable to add the SQL server to Plesk.
It looks like it is waiting for a long time for something, then I get this error:
Get database server version failed: mssqlmng failed: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
(Error code 1)
I found this KB article: http://kb.odin.com/en/120053 but it does not help. The SQL server is in SQL+Windows authentication mode, and if I log in with the very same data (localhost, sa, *password*) using the SQL Management Studio tool with SQL Authentication, it logs in just fine!
What is the problem?

If I correctly understood this MSSQL server is installed on the Plesk server? Have you tried to use localhost instead of computer name as instance name?

In the end I uninstalled the MSSQL instance and installed it via Plesk, I didn't know it was even possible. It runs now :)

Hi, you can have mssql manual installation, but while connecting in plesk you need to define exact instance name, port and sa password.

Back