• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to add/remove/modify domains (COM Error)

T

tealnet

We are suddenly unable to add, remove or modify domains on our Plesk 7.6.1 Server, running Windows 2003 Server.

When we try to add or reconfigure a site, we get the following error:

Exception occurred. (COM Error 80020009) at isEmptyAppPool(mydomain.com(domain)(2.0)(pool))

I'm not sure if this is a Plesk or IIS problem. But it seems to me that some DLL may not be registered properly. But I'm not sure where to start here. This happens with every domain on the server.

One month later I get a reply that says to "see the application pools"? What does that even mean? Yes, there are application pools.

This is precisely why we're switching to DotNetPanel. The support with Plesk has been absolutely horrible the past few years we've used it. Your reseller, The Planet, has been unable to offer any better support. Their solution is usually to reinstall the operating system as is the case with this issue. Incidentally, they seem to be taking lessons from SWsoft on customer support, because their customer service has gone down the toilet ever since they merged with EV1.

DotNetPanel is ten times faster than Plesk and their support even on their forums responds within a day and they actually have solutions to problems.

Plesk may work okay on Linux, but you guys should just give up on Plesk for Windows.

I agree with you, theplanet always recommend to reload os. they do not have any solution except this.

We have reloaded 10 servers because of error with IIS application pool like

Error in the DLL (COM Error 800401F9) at addAppPool(abcd.com(domain)pool), IWPD_595(ABCD))

and still we are suffering with same error on of our server. Anybod have solution to repair IIS pools etc?

Please advice.

We are currently experiencing this error as well, seemingly out of the blue.

Several domains seem to be "stuck" between setup and not setup due to this error (we can neither delete the domains, nor complete the setup via the Plesk interface *or* the command-line)

Code:
C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin>websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=somedomain.info
Error in the DLL (COM Error 800401F9) at addAppPool(somedomain.info(domain)(pool), IWPD_190(somedomain))

Any assistance would be helpful. I'm afraid PLESK support from The Planet falls into two categories: "You're the administrator, you fix it" or "Reload the OS"

I feel your pain, that's exactly what happened to us... and with the exact same response from The Planet. The ONLY way we were able to limp along was to do an "iisreset /restart" and as soon as IIS came back up, immediately go into Plesk and perform the operation you were attempting. That worked about 75% of the time.

Do yourself a favor and spend the time migrating off Plesk for Windows. Take a look at DotNetPanel. We just finished three months of migrating hundreds of our sites from Plesk to DotNetPanel and we couldn't be happier.

While I haven't yet looked into DotNetPanel, deciding to migrate is a decision best made when you aren't in a "do or die" situation.

However, I may be on to something... it appears as though the IIS6 Metabase is corrupted, and that may be preventing Plesk from being able to manipulate sites.

Once I figure out how to recover/repair the metabase, I'll try again and see if the Plesk problem has resolved itself.

We thought our metabase was corrupt too, which wasn't the case. SWsoft even got into our server at one point and still coulnd't resolve the issue. Very few of our customers used the control panel that often, so we just migrated the critical ones first and the rest later.

Between Plesk and MailEnable, I was about to give up on hosting all together. I wasn't sure about DotNetPanel at first, but what it lacks in features (which isn't much), it makes up for in stability and performace. The cost was very reasonable and you couple that with SmarterMail for the mail server, also very reasonably priced, and we're in heaven now.

Hi all,

I have fixed this issue. However specially theplanet failed to support. The always have same words like you are compromised, do OS reload or we will try at $150/h.

Follow these steps without hesitation:

Use the following steps to enumerate metabase:

1. Open a command prompt and change to the C:\Inetpub\Adminscripts folder.
2. At the command line, type "cscript adsutil.vbs enum " (without the quotation marks).
If this command is successful, it enumerates the settings in the metabase.
If the command is not successful, you receive the -2146893792 (0x80090020) error code.

If you get error, try to restore from backup if you have one. If you dont have backup even then you have a chance to recover it using following instructions:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q234429

After 1st repair, restart IIS and then try to reconfigure a domain or do whatever you want to do.

I strongly to you guys to take full backups of your C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Program Files\SWSOFT\ so this will help you replace all corrupted files when you will be in such crises. This is better then SWSOFT and THEPLANET support. Trust me.

If this works for you, pray 4 me

For me the problem was a corrupted IIS6 Metabase. Restoring to a previously saved history file was all I needed to do to fix the problem.

Plesk support is completly out !!

Each time I had an issue neither Plesk technicians nor Theplanet were able to fix.

After 3 years since I've started to work with Plesk for Windows I found that version after version, patch after patch, this is not a professional software.

Right now I encounter the same issue:

Impossible to erase an app pool for few domains

I restored the Metabase, but I've got the same errors.

I have also tried to edit the file and remove it manually, but When I go erasing from Plesk it reports the same issue.
:((

anyone might have an ideea ?

After restoring you must restart the IIS and then reconfigure the domain using Plesk binaries before you proceed to delete from Plesk.

If any one get errors with it, do let me know. I can help you with this common problem for which Data Centers do not have any solution.

fixed: OS Reload

I have fixed with full OS Reload and Plesk clean install, windows clean install

Plesk 8.2 seems to be really great and stabile

since a made the OS relaod, there are no more errors

the only error is that I am not able to fix Site preview...

I have checked permisions .... its seems ok, but ... impossible to fix it

Back