• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to allow short mail names Bug

S

san olaf

The Java Script:
function allow_short_pop3_names_check(f)
{
if (true && f.allow_short_pop3_names[0].checked) {
alert ("Unable to allow the use of short mail names for POP3/IMAP accounts. There are mail names matching the encrypted passwords.");
f.allow_short_pop3_names[1].checked = true;
return false;
}

return true;
}
unables to set short mail names. It's fine to check, if there are names matching with passwords, but after a migration it tookes me 4 hours to find the cell allow_short_pop3_names in the misc row in the psa database to enable short names manualy, because i couldn't force Plesk to do so. Please consider in future updates to be less restrictive: a warning would be enough i think.:mad:

Thanks for this post.

I fell into this problem by accident. I wanted to change my message size limit and when I hit the error you posted I stopped.

While filling out a support request I accidentally click OK and switched it to needing the full names.

Interestingly enough, ./mailmng --set-accounts-format --format="both" doesn't work worth a flip either. You can use mailmng to increase the message limit size however.

Thanks again, now I can get some sleep...

Back