• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to change admin password

N

n-other

Hello All,

I've installed 7.5.3 on Debian 3.1.
after installation i'm unable to change admin's password.

it shows javascript alert with error, that copy_file is unable to copy file because of invalid paths. I tried to execute copy_file with some other files and it show the same errors. here is the sample:
/opt/psa/admin/bin/copy_file /tmp/a.ldif /tmp/a2.ldif
copy_file: System Error: invalid file paths in /opt/psa/admin/bin/copy_file /tmp/a.ldif /tmp/a2.ldif:
copy_file: System Error: invalid file paths in /opt/psa/admin/bin/copy_file /tmp/a.ldif /tmp/a2.ldif:

of course i see, that i can change the admin password manually, but is where a solution for the problem?

Check to make sure of the location of the copy_file script. I'm not sure about Debian, but on RH it is in

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/
and
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/

not in /opt/psa/admin/bin/

and I assume that /tmp/ does exist...

well, if /opt does not exist, the error message would be 'No such file or directory' , not the sample I posted in my previous message.

/opt is a symlink to /usr/local on my system

and yes, of course /tmp does exists on my system.

plz do not assume me as a admin, who sees unix first time in his life, I'm not and I'm looking for solution...

@jamesyeeoc: When installing Plesk with Debian 3.1 (dpkg), it installs to /opt/psa (im not sure, but i think this is because debian has a really strict policy of filesystems and on posix system /opt is for 3rd Party proprietary software). I'm not sure if it also happens when installing with autoinstaller but can think of it.

I'll try to recreate the problem on my box tonite and then hopefully help you.

@n-other: There's no symlink to /opt/psa on my system.

Back