• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to change passwords

jorge ceballos

Regular Pleskian
Hi everyone

In some domains its not possible to change the password for email accounts.
When clicking the user link it says 'the user is not found, maybe it was erased' and the email link itself gives access to other options like forwarding and such.

Obviously this is a misconfig from upgrading, any idea how can I solve this?

the '/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng --reconfigure-domain ' command did not help but I guess there must be another command to reconfigure users belonging to the domain.

TIA

Did you tried to change it with /usr/local/psa/bin/mail utility with -passwd option? Do you have any errors with it?

Same problem

Parallels Plesk Panel v10.0.1_build109101029.19 os_RedHat el5 64bits

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Using GUI is not possible to reassign a mail password to a mailbox upgraded from 9.2.3 to 10.0.1.
1.-Access to GUI as admin or customer user
2.-Access to Control Panel of domain if admin
3.-Clic over Mail tab
4.-Clic over a mailbox upgraded from PSA 9.2.3 to 10.0.1
5.-It don't offer text box for password and confirm password.

ACTUAL RESULT
Editing a mailbox, does not vissible text box for intro new password and confirm'it

EXPECTED RESULT
Be able to intro a new password and confirm password for a mailbox previusly created in PSA 9.2.3 that was upgraded to 10.0.1

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
CLI command bin/mail -u [email protected] -password newpasswd it's working, but Customers don't have access to CLI, just me, the admin and I don't want to live changing password for mailboxes.
----------------------------------------

Same Problem after upgraded from Plesk 9.2.3 to 10.0.1 on CentOS 5

Editing a mailbox, does not visible text box for change password

Admins please update with a fix

For change mailbox password via SSH

/usr/local/psa/bin/mail -u [email protected] -passwd newpassword

I also have this problem. Email accounts created before version 10, does not allow to change the password in the control panel. Users can update the password in the webmail, but if they forgot the password, the only way is that we (the provider) change the password manually via SSH. This is really painful!

Back