• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to change subscriber away from 'admin'.

steveabraham

New Pleskian
I'm running 11.5.30 MU #19 on Debian 7.2

Any subscriptions created under 'admin' cannot be moved into a client's account. If I attempt it I get the following error:

"Warning: Some problems were encountered when attempting to assign some of the subscriptions to a new owner.
Unable to continue subscription transfer: this subscription requires more resources than can be provided by the new owner's provider."

If I try the same thing on the command line:

root@plesk:~# /usr/local/psa/bin/subscription --change-owner domain.com -owner JoeBlogs
An error occurred when changing the subscription owner: Unable to continue subscription transfer: this subscription requires more resources than can be provided by the new owner's provider.
Resource name Allocated Used Will be used
max_dom Unlimited 67 67
max_site Unlimited 67 67
max_subdom Unlimited 5 5
max_dom_aliases Unlimited 35 35
disk_space Unlimited 11.4 GB 11.4 GB
max_traffic Unlimited 2.9 GB/month 2.9 GB/month
max_wu Unlimited 0 0
max_subftp_users Unlimited 3 3
max_db Unlimited 40 40
max_box Unlimited 44 44
max_mn Unlimited 56 56
mbox_quota Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited
max_maillists Unlimited 0 0
max_webapps Unlimited 0 0

I found this, but it doesn't help:
http://kb.parallels.com/en/111712

Where do I go from here? I'm completely stuck.

Thanks,
Steve.

Besides from the new owner having insufficient resources (eg. this new subscription would exceed the user's allowed number of domains) this error can also come from license limitations.

The new owner is a client under 'admin'. As far as I know there are no limits imposed on 'clients', those limits are set by the subscription?

I don't understand where the limitation is, as surely if I've been able to create the subscription, I should be able to move it to a client's account since all those limitation fall under 'admin'?

It's very odd, never seen anything like this before in all the many many years I've used Plesk. It looks like a glitch to me, but I've no idea where the problem is.

Would "JoeBlogs" be a customer of admin (1), a customer of reseller (2) or a reseller account in Plesk (3)?

It's better to avoid guessing and contact Parallels support to investigate the problem directly on your server.

Anyway if you may share output of the following command (need to run via SSH):

plesk db 'select * from Limits where id = (select value from SubscriptionProperties where name="limitsId" and subscription_id = (select id from Subscriptions where object_type = "domain" and object_id = (select id from domains where name = "domain.com")));'

Maybe some other limit causes the problem.

I've got the same problem.
I'm running 11.5.30 MU #38 on Debian 7.4

Client account is created by admin, and I can't change subscriber for subscription. Any news in this problem?

This is happening in Plesk 12 - Linux as well. Has anyone found a solution for this?

BTW, it has nothing to do with active site builder sites. I ran a query to the db and this client does NOT have any sitebuilder sites in their domains.

Thanks!

PS - There is another thread with this same topic I think

Back