• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

unable to connect to database using new credentials...

E

emsol

Hi,

New installation on new clean box...

Setting up plesk server settings I enter the databases section and try to add a new password for mssql twice - then click OK but get the following error...

Unable to connect to database using new credentials

The page displays the following...

Server *
Microsoft SQL server administrator's login
Old password ******** <<--- already present cant be changed
New password [ ] <<--- text boxes
Confirm Password [ ]

On the left is a change password button but this is greyed out.

Any ideas ?

First, are you trying to change password for sa user, or you are trying to use another server? There is no such operation as "adding the password". If you want to change password, you need to click on change password button. If this button is grayed out, that means that you don't have a connection to the database. What color is the server status icon right now - red, green or yellow?

Also, which version are you using - final release or one of the betas?

Hi Jaytee - its final release - fresh installation.

First time you go to the databases section it gives you the option to change the password.

When I said "add a new password" thats what I meant. However, the change pasword button was greyed out.

I Needed to restart the server for something else and this is now working fine. Thanks for your help.

Apparently MSDE was stopped or not accepting new connections - strange, but possible. Please let us know if you see it again.

Thanks.

i did password change using osql from command prompt, lter when i try change same 'sa' password through plesk system say unable to connect.

msde is running! able to create DSN string and do a test connect with old password.

question: How do i change sa password from Plesk 7 CP?

it says unable to connect error!

kindly help to resolve this issue.

thanks, as you said i did and problem got solved.

thanks a lot

Back