1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to connect to database

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by modular, Dec 12, 2003.

1. modular

modular Guest

I installed plesk on a clean system and when I fire up http://localhost:8443 I get this error msg:

Unable to connect to database: saved admin password is incorrect.
    0: D:\PROGRA~1\Plesk\admin\auto_prepend\auth.php3:104 psaerror(string "Unable to connect to database: saved admin password is incorrect.")

__ edit

I fired up MySQL command line interface (and logged in with 'admin' and no passwd) .. except the default MySQL and test dbases, there's nothing else in there .. is it supposed to be that way?

2. PaulC

PaulC Regular Pleskian

57%
    I had a similar problem, where there was no psa database. A Uninstall and Reinstall for me solved the problem.

3. siren@

siren@ Guest

To find out if the database files were even installed you can go to c:\program files\swsoft\plesk\mysql\data and see if the folder \psa\ exists. Check for the files under here. If they exist login with the username admin and password setup (Plesk Defaults) to verify they exist in MySQL

Larry Stevens
    CTO
    DDI Hosting

4. Jllynch

Jllynch Regular Pleskian

I had a similar problem and it turns out I had to reinstall PHP to solve my problem. I used the new updateder feature to install the backup utilities and plesk tried installing all sorts of stuff. Two days later we traced it back to PHP needing a reinstall.

Justin