• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to connect to database

M

modular

I installed plesk on a clean system and when I fire up http://localhost:8443 I get this error msg:

Unable to connect to database: saved admin password is incorrect.
0: D:\PROGRA~1\Plesk\admin\auto_prepend\auth.php3:104 psaerror(string "Unable to connect to database: saved admin password is incorrect.")

__ edit

I fired up MySQL command line interface (and logged in with 'admin' and no passwd) .. except the default MySQL and test dbases, there's nothing else in there .. is it supposed to be that way?

I had a similar problem, where there was no psa database. A Uninstall and Reinstall for me solved the problem.

To find out if the database files were even installed you can go to c:\program files\swsoft\plesk\mysql\data and see if the folder \psa\ exists. Check for the files under here. If they exist login with the username admin and password setup (Plesk Defaults) to verify they exist in MySQL

Larry Stevens
CTO
DDI Hosting

I had a similar problem and it turns out I had to reinstall PHP to solve my problem. I used the new updateder feature to install the backup utilities and plesk tried installing all sorts of stuff. Two days later we traced it back to PHP needing a reinstall.

Justin

Back