• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to create directory

tatane

New Pleskian
I would put a folder outside the ftp only when I try to create a folder directly from the file manager I get the following message: Erreur: Impossible de créer le répertoire //XDsecure: filemng: Error occurred during /bin/mkdir command.(Knowing that XDsecure is the folder I want to create). Thank you in advance

FTP & Folder permissions

Am trying to understand your problem but with difficulty. Did you mean you want to create a folder outside the httpdocs folder using the plesk filemanager or FTP?

If so, that is not possible through FTP due to permissions. If you want to create such a folder, you can do so through SHELL, give it permissions and ownership same as that of "httpdocs" and then through FTP you can write to it.

If you have shell then its walk-over. Just SSH your server then

mkdir /var/www/vhosts/yourdomain.com/new_folder

If you don't have SHELL, then you can also manipulate it by creating a subdomain or domain name and instead specifying the folder you want ie /new_folder/

If you meant how do I see the folder in shell, then you use the command "ls", if you meant how do i know am in shell, then obviously you are NOT, you would know when you are :)

Sorry for my English. So I managed to connect to the console shell. I is added
mkdir /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.fr/XDsecure

but I get this message
mkdir: cannot create directory mkdir /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.fr/XDsecure : no such file or directory

Please replace the "mydomain.fr" with the actual domain name on your server in which you want to create the folder.

Yes,

Yes.

So you have exactly

mkdir /var/www/vhosts/sd-25645.dedibox.fr/XDsecure

After creating the folder, you can do the following:

chown -R <your-ftp-username> : psacln /var/www/vhosts/sd-25645.dedibox.fr/XDsecure

Replace <your-ftp-username> with the primary ftp username for the domain name sd-25645.dedibox.fr. And remove the spaces before and after :

Now, you should be able to manage and write to that folder through FTP using the above

Well if I do, this forum software will drop some characters and you wont see everything as it should be...

Back