• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to create web user during installation

JoachimH

New Pleskian
How can I remove all previous web users, even after an uninstall, I am having trouble finishing a new installation, during the wizard because users already exist.

Please help!

Thank you

Could you please provide more details of this issue?

Hello Igor,

Here are two images during the setup. I am still trying to install Plesk after an uninstall.

warning.png

For one, I am logged on as admin and the system thinks I am already logged on. I would like to create a new web user and get this error:

warning2.png

I would like to do a fresh install of Plesk, but somethings remain. How do I start over fresh or remove these users?

Login to MySQL and run something like:

mysql> drop database psa;

More details in MySQL documentation.

ok thanks

Now I am having some problems logging in, which account is used for MySQL? What is the username of the account created during the setup installation?

Last edited:
"C:\%plesk_dir%\mysql\bin\mysql" -uadmin -p<password>

I am new to MySQL, please be a little more explicit, how do I enter this? in cmd as admin? I am getting "invalid syntax"
I downloaded the MySQL gui tools too, but unable to login because I don't know what username and password to use.

Thank you for your patience

Yse Plesk admin's password instead of <password> in mentioned command. Run command in cmd. Path also can be other if you have MySQL installed to other folder - please correct it if necessary.
Contact any Windows administrator or Parallels Support Team if you are not familiar with SQL.

I have installed Plesk into default directories. I am unable to get it to login :( I will have to contact support, no matter what I put in I get syntax error or access denied. If I remove parallels plesk via Program and Features (Windows Control Panel), is there no way to completely get rid of Plesk and MySQL without having to drop the tables? So I can do a fresh install? The article you sent me is for version 10, I have version 11.5.

You can format disk, install fresh Windows and then install Plesk.

Okay I might have to do that... but is there no way I can uninstall MySQL and delete the databases? without having to log-in to MySQL? Even if I leave some traces of the installation, is there no way to uninstall ALL trances and databases of MySQL?

Well I did not manage to uninstall MySQL and all data, so I had to do fresh installation of Windows Server 2012.
It took a lot of time to get everything working again but I am glad Plesk is working now with no duplicates users.

I am sure there must be an easier way than reinstalling Windows but at least now I know that Plesk is correctly installed with no-left overs from previous installations but I do believe, as feedback, this should be improved. There should be an option when uninstalling Plesk to completely remove Plesk or keep data for future installations. Maybe you can pass this on to development. I don't want to install Windows (with all server software afterwards) just to install Plesk again.

in latest plesk you an simply uninstall plesk from control panel. Regarding issue all the users data get stored in psa db. You can try to delete parallels folder from c:

Back