• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to delete logs from Log Manager

S

Someone

Hi,

Since my upgrade to Plesk 7.5.4 i'm unable to delete logs from Log Manager (checkboxes re grayed). This is happening on 2 servers.

Please advice

I can verify this behavior. I presume its a permission problem, but the reconfigurator is not helping.

Well I can delete logs but the rotation doesnt happen properly.

For instance all sites are configured to keep logs for 7 days and the rest is compressed. well the problem im having is that the log files dont seem to want to compress or that the right amount of logs are being kept.

Seems to me it has a mind of its own.

I have the same problem. Does anyone have a fix for this yet?

Supposedly, the answer is taht you can only delete rotated compressed archives from that area.

Rumor has it, like many other things, it'll be addressed in the next version...

I had this problem on 7.5.5 It seems to be resolved after I changed the shedule of statistics.exe to run every hour.

I got the same issue on Plesk 7.5.6 and I know if the file rotates and is compressed it works just fine to remove the .log.zip files, but .log won't. It use to work fine on old Plesk 6.x server. I am going to try that "statistics.exe every hour" trick and let you all know how that goes + keep searching the forum :)

Ahh, so this something that will or will not be adjusted in 7.5.7 as some people think? I understand the reason just fine - my clients are use to a different control panel so they are use to removing it.
Please let me know and I'll be glad to pas this on to my customer and I have already adjusted log roation :)

Back