• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question "Unable to find the selected installation of WordPress" after Distribution Upgrade

HelplessHobo

New Pleskian
Hi,
I have an Issue with the WordPress Toolkit/the migration tool.
I installed Plesk on a new server (Ubuntu 16.04) and used the migration tool to get my Websites from the old server (running on 14.04).
When I did the exact same thing on a 14.04 Server, Wordpress worked immediately, just had to change the site-url in the wp-config. But on the new server I have a weird issue :
The files are all there but when I try to log into the admin panel through Plesk it leads me back to the Wordpress-Toolkit saying "Unable to find the selected installation of Wordpress".

Update: I believe it may be due to URL rewriting not working anymore, cause when I make wp-login.php available and connect to it with url.tld/wp-admin.php it loads the site. Still got no idea what broke it ...

Last edited:
Hi HelplessHobo,

pls. check you "error_reporting" settings for your used PHP version on the depending domain, as your "NOTICES" point to a setting as "E_ALL", which leads to error reportings on your websites.

In addition, depending to your used PHP version at your depending domain, you should consider to upgrade your WordPress version to the latest version, to be sure that it's compatible with the latest PHP 7 version.

Moin @UFHH01 !

WordPress is at 4.8.2 so that's not the issue.
Error_Reporting is set to : E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT & ~E_DEPRECATED .

So, I just checked the Chrome debugging console ... turns out that my site is forcing HTTPS and Chrome doesn't like that. Because I'm just on a testing environment I don't have a valid certificate (the original site does have one but it wouldn't be valid for my new server obviously).

I switched to Firefox (which isnt as strict about HTTPs or so I've heard) and the page was displayed correctly with no errors again.

Login is still not working though. Any ideas what to do about that?

Hi HelplessHobo,

a simple solution would be to install a valid Let's Encrypt certificate for your additional (sub)domain ( "testing environment" ). ;)

Sadly I can not do that because my Server is a VM hosted in Azure, meaning the DNS name is something.region.cloudapp.azure.com . Let's Encrypt thinks that all of these urls are for azure.com and refuses to give them any more free certificates.

Back