• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

unable to get support from any channel with a valid license purchased from Odin

Khoi_Nguyen

New Pleskian
i'm about ready to pull my hair out and kick Plesk to the curb. I have a valid 12.5 license which I purchased from Plesk. I have two servers using plesk 12.5 both with inoperable SSL for domains. I'm trying to submit a ticket but it's not letting me. Tells me my license key is not eligble for email support. I try chat and it tells me i'm not eligible for chat support but for email and phone support. i go in an endless circle with no support to a critical issue for two weeks.

I post in this forum for help and still nothing.

Cpanel support is so much quicker and better. this makes us want to keep our servers away from plesk

Hi Khoi_Nguyen,

please read first:

The above sticky thread may help you to understand the difference between "official support by Odin" and "self-service support".

If you would like help with issues/problems, or if you have questions, please consider to add as much possible informations as possible ( depending errors from logs, depending configuration files, operating system, Plesk version ( incl. MU ), usage of PHP5-FPM, etc.... ). It is hard to guess what might be a cause of an issue, if you only complain about you being not able to submit a support ticket. The more information you provide, the more chance you will have, that people willing to help will try to answer to your posts/threads.

Your previous thread for example: "
no SSL is working on any domain" can't be answered without MORE informations. You just copied some nginx - error-log - entries... and nothing more. You even missed necessary informations of your operating system and left out completely, what checks you already did, to solve your issue.

Your thread "
unable to ssh" was answered, but any feedback and/or additional informations are missing from you. What reason would a person have, who is willing to help you, if you don't respond to suggestions or resolutions? Or even honor it with a "Like", when the answer solved your issue/question?

Please keep in mind, that the Odin forum is a "self - service support option". As mentioned in the above sticky thread, you will get "Offcial Odin support" at "http://www.odin.com/support/". If you experience issues while trying to submit a support request, please consider to read Odin's detailed PDF - files: "TECHNICAL SUPPORT GUIDE" and "ODIN CUSTOMER SUPPORT OPTIONS" ( or possible other informations in PDF - format, which are linked at "http://www.odin.com/support/" ( section: "Support Guides" ).

Last, but not least, Odin loves your feedback ( which is not a substitute for a support request!!! ):

Quoted from "https://www.odin.com/support/request/"
If you would like to leave a feedback to Odin Support Management team, follow this link.

There are quite a few logs. You didn't tell me which one you wanted. Given that I'm coming from Cpanel and new to Plesk, you can't possibly assume which logs you wanted or where to look. Yes i read about official odin support. Based on http://kb.odin.com/en/121580, as a direct customer of odin, i'm entitled to free email, phone, and chat support if i bought license from odin. But looking at the fine print, that only applies if i have the dedicated server license and not the vps license.

for the last post to my ssl problem, the reply was "Any additional detail from logs? related error messages?" which logs? which error logs? there are dozens.

Hi Khoi_Nguyen,

I suggested as well, to read the sticky thread: [IMPORTANT]: READ THIS FIRST TO FIND QUICK SOLUTION FOR THE EXISTING ISSUE/QUESTION

... this wasn't to keep you busy, but more to point you for example to:

I'm sure that I don't have to inform you, that your issue described at "no SSL is working on any domain" depends on apache and/or nginx, so you are able to reduce the possible amount of depending log - files and configuration files to your issue on your own, Khoi_Nguyen. But please, don't just post any depending file now in your thread "no SSL is working on any domain", try to investigate the cause and post then parts, where you need help with. And once again, please READ the sticky thread mentioned above. There are several informations, which help to start investigations and to solve issues.
Please stick to one thread only, so that other forum users won't be confused with several threads and the same issue from the very same person.

I know it's either apache or nginx. both apache ssl and nginx ssl logs are blank. i ran bootstrap repair and /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.5.30_repair_problems.log is blank. no errors showing anywhere yet https isn't working.

@Khoi_Nguyen could you please send me PM with your license key number and answer from Odin Supporter about your support issue? I will check this issue tomorrow when I will be in office.

Back