• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Unable to install extensions

SKDamon

Basic Pleskian
I've got a problem with my Plesk installation, the extensions installer won't work, both when uploading a zip and installing through the catalog browser in Plesk itself.

After clicking install, the page just loads and will eventually fail with 504 Gateway Time-out.

Product version: 12.5.30 Update #67
Update date: 2017/05/30 06:26
Build date: 2016/06/08 10:00
OS version: Ubuntu 12.04
Revision: 344620
Architecture: 64-bit
Wrapper version: 1.2

I'm trying to install Plesk Migrator (Plesk Migrator - Plesk Extensions).

Are there any logs which should show errors? I really need that extension installed (look @ OS version...), so any hint is greatly appreciated.

Have you tried install it in command line? Try to do it with

# plesk bin extension -i migrator.zip

and check possible errors in the output.

Installation via cli succeeded:
Code:
root@mx01:/tmp# md5sum migrator.zip
20d9fee96872707a504932a0a5812639  migrator.zip
root@mx01:/tmp# plesk bin extension -i migrator.zip
File `meta.xml` contains an error
Error 1871: Element 'category': This element is not expected. (Line: 6) (Column: 0)

`DESCRIPTION.md` is unused file in module
The extension was successfully installed.

It took a long time until there was any output at all... But now the extension shows up in the Panel.
Maybe nginx just has too low of a timeout value for requests, so the installation was aborted by nginx?

Anyway, seems like a problem with the extension, not Plesk itself...
Thank you for your help!

Back