• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Unable to install extensions

SKDamon

Basic Pleskian
I've got a problem with my Plesk installation, the extensions installer won't work, both when uploading a zip and installing through the catalog browser in Plesk itself.

After clicking install, the page just loads and will eventually fail with 504 Gateway Time-out.

Product version: 12.5.30 Update #67
Update date: 2017/05/30 06:26
Build date: 2016/06/08 10:00
OS version: Ubuntu 12.04
Revision: 344620
Architecture: 64-bit
Wrapper version: 1.2

I'm trying to install Plesk Migrator (Plesk Migrator - Plesk Extensions).

Are there any logs which should show errors? I really need that extension installed (look @ OS version...), so any hint is greatly appreciated.

Have you tried install it in command line? Try to do it with

# plesk bin extension -i migrator.zip

and check possible errors in the output.

Installation via cli succeeded:
Code:
root@mx01:/tmp# md5sum migrator.zip
20d9fee96872707a504932a0a5812639  migrator.zip
root@mx01:/tmp# plesk bin extension -i migrator.zip
File `meta.xml` contains an error
Error 1871: Element 'category': This element is not expected. (Line: 6) (Column: 0)

`DESCRIPTION.md` is unused file in module
The extension was successfully installed.

It took a long time until there was any output at all... But now the extension shows up in the Panel.
Maybe nginx just has too low of a timeout value for requests, so the installation was aborted by nginx?

Anyway, seems like a problem with the extension, not Plesk itself...
Thank you for your help!

Back