• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to install Plesk

johmarjac

New Pleskian
Hi,

I wanted to clean reinstall Plesk and IIS on my Windows Server 2016.
I uninstalled Plesk from Control Panel which was successful. Then I removed IIS from the Features, restarted the Server, added IIS again and finally tried to reinstall Plesk. However the installation was not succesful.

It is failing on a panel-management_mu007.msi with errors Ive no idea how to fix. I have also not found any errors like that on the internet.

I´ve attached the installation-log to this thread, I hope you can help me out.
BTW: The server is from Server4you, in the Server4you panel I can see the Plesk License but on the installation I havent yet been asked to enter any license. I downloaded the installer by filling out the trial mask on the plesk site.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• parallels-installation-log.zip
    60.1 KB · Views: 1
Is it only Plesk that you are unable to install or there is some other software also that is showing the error?
I think you should check for the Error Code 0X80071A90 which often leads to multiple issues in the Windows-like such installation issues.

According to your logs, one of IIS modules is considered as installed but doesn't work correctly after IIS reinstallaiton. You should uninstall IIS Rewrite module, and then install it again (either manually, or try do this with Plesk installation).

According to your logs, one of IIS modules is considered as installed but doesn't work correctly after IIS reinstallaiton. You should uninstall IIS Rewrite module, and then install it again (either manually, or try do this with Plesk installation).
Thanks for the hint, I am going to test this out. I have also thought that it could be IIS Rewrite Module that is missing after the IIS reinstallation, but then found out after trying to install it that it was already installed. But I didnt think of reinstalling it, I am testing this and will come back here to report if it worked. Thanks

Edit: Indeed, that has worked perfectly fine now! THANKS
Edit²: The installation worked fine, but when I wanted to change my domain hosting type to webhosting it appears again:

Attachments

• mstsc_2019-01-22_13-58-13.png
    mstsc_2019-01-22_13-58-13.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back