• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Unable to log in to Plesk dashboard

sitenet

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
ubuntu 20.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi sometimes when trying to log into Plesk, I am getting error: ApiFetchError: Failed to fetch.

After inputting username and password, I am getting that error but then after some time I can log in and then again, the error would appear when I try to log in the next time.

What is causing the issue?

Some other details if required - Using ubuntu 20.04. VPS has 2gb ram, 2core cpu, 60 gb hdd, 2gb swap memory. Only 1 website is live. Domain is routed behind cloudflare.

How to fix?

Hello there, I am also getting this error, and adding the :8443 is not working for me, ping to server is reachable. no clue what to do.

@bfts-gc21 Have you checked that port 8443 is open in your local network? For a test, disable Wifi on your smartphone so that your phone is using a cell instead of wifi, then open the page from your smartphone. Does that work?

@bfts-gc21 Maybe the psa service, sw-engine or something associated is not running. You'll need to login to the Linux console and check it. As that is a completely different situation than in this thread I kindly ask you to open a new thread for your question.

Plesk is aware of this intermittently appearing issue. It is not reproducible reliably, but from a number of cases it was possible to estimate what reasons could be. This issue is under investigation and will for sure be fixed in one of the nearer updates.

Plesk is aware of this intermittently appearing issue. It is not reproducible reliably, but from a number of cases it was possible to estimate what reasons could be. This issue is under investigation and will for sure be fixed in one of the nearer updates.
It is almost November 2023 now, and the problem still exists. Very annoying!

Hi

I had this fetch error some days ago and it was caused be fail2ban. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it was gone. Maybe this helps.

Back