• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Unable To Log Into Admin Area

FidoSysop

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Lnux
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian 18.0.53
Today I have been unable to log into my admin area. Getting a 500 Error. Tied 3 browsers no help. Upon trying to connect via the Plesk mobile ap itdislays. An internal error has occurred. Please contact support. The server answer has the wrong format. The web server appears to be up. Sites are returning a database connect error. FTP is up and downloading my files. I've rebooted the server via host Vultr.Any suggestions?

Can you access /var/log/plesk/panel.log from the Linux console? Does it show any errors?

Looks like Mariadb/MySQL is down due to lack of the disk space.
Connect via SSH and check with:
# df -hT

And remove unnecessary content.

Thanks, everyone for your suggestions. I'll be damn if I can get it back up. There is a lot of disk space. Not good with a terminal mostly because I can't remember a long string of commands. Today it is sending email notifications of a cron failure. run-parts: /etc/cron.hourly/50plesk-hourly exited with return code 1. I'm thinking it's an auto-update failure.

Another question. Is there any way I can download my databases with ftp? I poked around the root directory and didn't see anything.

In order to obtain a useful SQL dump, the database server must be online. Else, a dump cannot be created. You can copy all of the /var/lib/mysql folder, but these files cannot be used directly, e.g. for importing them to another system. It would be best to find the cause why the database server does not start, fix it and continue from there.

Back