• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Unable to login with mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`

Reese Jenner

New Pleskian
Untouched SQL password that is setup by Plesk, I can view the file `cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` with "sudo".
But when I type: mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`
I get permission denied - asking for a password that won't work.
No amount of "sudo" helps.

Can anyone help?

Have you modified /etc/psa/.psa.shadow file? Actually content of cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow must be encrypted. There is no password in plain text.

I actually have a new issue.
My Plesk box ran out of space and MYSQL flopped.
I can't turn it on after restarting it.
Plesk gives me:

500 Plesk\Exception\Database​

DB query failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory
TypePlesk\Exception\Database
MessageDB query failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory
FileMysql.php
Line64

.page sw-engine-pleskrun[5715]: [2020-11-23 04:43:15.794] ERR [panel] DB query failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [200>
.page sw-engine-pleskrun[5715]: 0: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php:64
.page sw-engine-pleskrun[5715]: Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(string 'SET sql_mode = ''')
.page sw-engine-pleskrun[5715]: 1: /opt/psa/admin/plib/CommonPanel/Application/Abstract.php:103
.page sw-engine-pleskrun[5715]: CommonPanel_Application_Abstract::initDbAdapter()
.page sw-engine-pleskrun[5715]: 2: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Session/Helper.php:176
.page sw-engine-pleskrun[5715]: Plesk\Session\Helper::initStorage()
.page sw-engine-pleskrun[5715]: 3: /opt/psa/admin/plib/CommonPanel/Application/Abstract.php:52
.page sw-engine-pleskrun[5715]: CommonPanel_Application_Abstract->run()
.page sw-engine-pleskrun[5715]: 4: /opt/psa/admin/plib/CommonPanel/Application/Abstract.php:34
.page sw-engine-pleskrun[5715]: CommonPanel_Application_Abstract::init()
.page sw-engine-pleskrun[5715]: 5: /opt/psa/admin/plib/pm/Bootstrap.php:16
.page sw-engine-pleskrun[5715]: pm_Bootstrap::init()
.page sw-engine-pleskrun[5715]: 6: /opt/psa/admin/plib/sdk.php:11
.page sw-engine-pleskrun[5715]: require_once(string '/opt/psa/admin/plib/sdk.php')
.page sw-engine-pleskrun[5715]: 7: /opt/psa/admin/plib/WebSocket/bin/ws-server.php:3
.page sw-engine-pleskrun[5715]: ERROR: Plesk\Exception\Database: DB query failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No>
.page systemd[1]: plesk-web-socket.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE

Nov 23 04:43:15 heuristic-dewdney.185-69-144-240.plesk.page systemd[1]: plesk-web-socket.service: Failed wi>
-- Subject: Unit failed
-- Defined-By: systemd
-- Support: Enterprise open source support | Ubuntu
--
-- The unit plesk-web-socket.service has entered the 'failed' state with result 'exit-code'.
Nov 23 04:43:20 heuristic-dewdney.185-69-144-240.plesk.page systemd[1]: mariadb.service: Scheduled restart >
-- Subject: Automatic restarting of a unit has been scheduled
-- Defined-By: systemd
-- Support: Enterprise open source support | Ubuntu
--
-- Automatic restarting of the unit mariadb.service has been scheduled, as the result for
-- the configured Restart= setting for the unit.

I also have an migration in progress before the crash, I'm sure it's still trying it.
I did.... try and delete a bunch of stuff via SSH......

I actually have a new issue.
My Plesk box ran out of space and MYSQL flopped.
I can't turn it on after restarting it.
Plesk gives me:

500 Plesk\Exception\Database​

DB query failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory
TypePlesk\Exception\Database
MessageDB query failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory
FileMysql.php
Line64
I've had this error regarding the disk full... Mysql crashes and wont restart if no space available...

Back