• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Unable to perform the sync

NicolasP.

Regular Pleskian
CentOS Linux 7.4.1708 (Core)‬
Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #33

I have tried to update & sync a service package but syncing does not work. Even when no changes are done to a package, the error still appears when saving the package definitions.
Syncing only works if a package has not any accounts to it.

What is wrong and how could I fix it?

Thank you.

The error is that "Unable to perform the sync".
When I click "Update & Sync", it goes back to service plans waiting to sync the plan with the subscriptions.
After a while I get this message under the plan I choose to sync

The error is that "Unable to perform the sync".
When I click "Update & Sync", it goes back to service plans waiting to sync the plan with the subscriptions.
After a while I get this message under the plan I choose to sync

I forgot to mention that this happened after migration from Ubuntu to Centos. At Ubuntu Service Plan sync worked.

This normally appears when actual usage inside subscriptions is higher than the new value defined by a plan. For example if a user uses 11 MB of a mailbox and you try to define the plan to only allow 10 MB it will not sync. The same is true for databases, web space, permissions etc.

This normally appears when actual usage inside subscriptions is higher than the new value defined by a plan.

Do you mean the error occurs when there is a locked subscription within the plan? As far as I am aware of when there is a different value entered to the one defined on the service plan, that subscription will be locked and no longer synced? If that is the case, there is a major logical fault in the way Plesk handles syncing.

This is not about a manual (individual) parameter change of the very one subscription, but about the actual usage of a ressource being higher than what the new service plan value allows. Please see the mailbox size example from above. You cannot set a new plan value of 10 MB if the mailbox is filled with 11 MB of data. In that case, the new plan value will not sync with the subscription.

Back