• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Unable to ping any of my websites out of plesk

HISSM

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 24.04 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello Colleagues,

Can anyone help me on how to solve the issue as none of my websites (example: eblast.in) hosted on VPS connected to Plesk are pinging out of Plesk? You can check it here: site24x7.com/tools/ping-test.html

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sir,
I'm quite new to plesk, so could you please let me know on how I can allow/enable particular domain's ICMP through your firewall in plesk? Thank you in advance!

You can't do it for just one, it's all or nothing because of how IPTables work unless each domain has their own IP address assigned then you can allow ICMP for only those specific IP addresses.

If your VPS is protected by a provider's cloud firewall, makes sense to check that this firewall does not block ICMP packets as well as the local firewall on the VPS.

Back