• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Unable to ping any of my websites out of plesk

HISSM

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 24.04 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello Colleagues,

Can anyone help me on how to solve the issue as none of my websites (example: eblast.in) hosted on VPS connected to Plesk are pinging out of Plesk? You can check it here: site24x7.com/tools/ping-test.html

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sir,
I'm quite new to plesk, so could you please let me know on how I can allow/enable particular domain's ICMP through your firewall in plesk? Thank you in advance!

You can't do it for just one, it's all or nothing because of how IPTables work unless each domain has their own IP address assigned then you can allow ICMP for only those specific IP addresses.

If your VPS is protected by a provider's cloud firewall, makes sense to check that this firewall does not block ICMP packets as well as the local firewall on the VPS.

Back