• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Unable to rename subscription, access denied

MIC

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Microsoft Windows Server 2016
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian, Version 18.0.43 Update #1, last updated on April 19, 2022 02:44 AM
Hello!
I'm trying to rename a subscription (main domain) in Plesk:
"Subscriptions" > (click on subscription name) -> "Hosting settings" -> type a different name in the "Domain name" textbox (instead of the current "domain.tld" I type "domain.mydomain.tld").
Usually this works, but with this one domain I get an "Access denied" error. No further information.
In c:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\admin\logs\php_eror.log I can see:

[2022-05-13 15:38:39] 34848:627e5f4349dde ERR [panel] Access denied
[2022-05-13 15:38:39] 34848:627e5f4349dde ERR [panel.ui] Access denied

When I try to run it from the command line I get:
-----------------
C:\Users\Administrator>plesk bin site --update domain.tld -new_name domain.mydomain.tld
An error occurred during domain update: Unable to rename the domain:

exit status 1
-----------------

Can anyone please advise on what to check?

Thanks for any suggestion.

Hi,

Have you tried the Plesk Repair kit?

Tools & Settings -> Diagnose & Repair -> Check Plesk Database

Hi,

Have you tried the Plesk Repair kit?

Tools & Settings -> Diagnose & Repair -> Check Plesk Database
Hi,
thanks for the useful tip. I tried that. It found 29 inconsistencies withing the database, however, those were just some unimportant remainders of two or three unrelated domains deleted some time ago. However, I fixed those issues anyway. But, at the top of the page, Plesk also reports the following:
The operation failed with the following error: {"id":1,"cmd":"plesk repair.exe web -php-handlers -n","type":"progress","message":"Checking the usage of PHP handlers","level":0}
{"id":2,"cmd":"plesk repair.exe web -php-handlers -n","type":"error","message":"6 service plans with unregistered PHP handlers were found.","level":1}
{"id":3,"cmd":"plesk repair.exe web -php-handlers -n","type":"info","message":"The issue could be resolved only in the interactive mode (without -y and -n options).","level":1}
{"id":4,"cmd":"plesk repair.exe web -php-handlers -n","type":"error","message":"86 domains with unregistered PHP handlers were found.","level":1}
{"id":5,"cmd":"plesk repair.exe web -php-handlers -n","type":"info","message":"The issue could be resolved only in the interactive mode (without -y and -n options).","level":1}

I am a little bit unsure as how this came to be and how to correctly fix this. None the websites should currently use PHP at all, all of them are ASP only, as far as I know. There are currently FIVE active service plans, not six, and none of them has PHP enabled. As for the domains, there's over 300 domains in total, most of which use the same service plan. I am not sure how to check which ones have the problem - I'm a little bit hesitant to run the fully automated repair on an important production server before I'm absolutely sure what's going on.

It usually helps when you enable the most common PHP-handlers:

Tools & Settings -> PHP Settings -> 8.* FPM application / 7.* FPM application

But that might be different in your case, even if you don't use PHP in your subscriptions. Plesk still thinks it's missing the correct PHP-handlers.

Anyway, as you can read in the warnings: "The issue could be resolved only in the interactive mode".
Try to run
Code:
# plesk repair.exe web
on the commandline and it will guide you to a solution.

It usually helps when you enable the most common PHP-handlers:

Tools & Settings -> PHP Settings -> 8.* FPM application / 7.* FPM application

But that might be different in your case, even if you don't use PHP in your subscriptions. Plesk still thinks it's missing the correct PHP-handlers.

Anyway, as you can read in the warnings: "The issue could be resolved only in the interactive mode".
Try to run
Code:
# plesk repair.exe web
on the commandline and it will guide you to a solution.
Thank you. I tried that, choosing to disable PHP support for all the mentioned plans and subscriptions. After some minor trouble (one website is still reporting "missing temporary directory"), it went through successfully and now the consistency check comes out clean - well, the interactive version from the command line reports no issues, but the browser version reports "0 issued detected" in the Web & FTP section (with a warning sign and the option to "show/hide issues", which shows/hides nothing. Weird.).

However, the initial problem still persists :-(.
Any other tips or ideas?

Back