• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to restore my customer account

LaurentR2D2

Plesk Certified Professional
Plesk Certified Professional
Hello,

I've made a backup of my customers to reinstall my server and can't restore them anymore. It fails with this in the log :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<execution-result status="success"><message code="FailedDomainDeployment" severity="error"><context>void plesk::tDomainDeployer::eek:perator()(plesk::XmlNode) const</context><file>./domain_deploy.cpp</file><line>381</line><text>Failed deployment of domain alafolie.info</text><message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error"><context>void plesk::ExecCmd::reportError() const</context><file>ExecCmd.cpp</file><line>49</line><text>Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain.php --create alafolie.info -owner Babeth -notify false -guid 42042d89-8009-4730-b1eb-2f3ebc1d1472 -creation-date 2008-11-02 failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
An error occured during domain creation: unable to update domain preferences: Impossible de mettre à jour les données du domaine : mailmng failed: Some errors occured. See log for details
</text></message></message><message code="FailedDomainDeployment" severity="error"><context>void plesk::tDomainDeployer::eek:perator()(plesk::XmlNode) const</context><file>./domain_deploy.cpp</file><line>381</line><text>Failed deployment of domain babeth.fr</text><message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error"><context>void plesk::ExecCmd::reportError() const</context><file>ExecCmd.cpp</file><line>49</line><text>Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain.php --create babeth.fr -owner Babeth -notify false -guid 0a4e6e13-71e1-4e32-ae4c-2776c660c2e9 -creation-date 2007-06-23 failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
An error occured during domain creation: unable to update domain preferences: Impossible de mettre à jour les données du domaine : mailmng failed: Some errors occured. See log for details
</text></message></message><message code="FailedDomainDeployment" severity="error"><context>void plesk::tDomainDeployer::eek:perator()(plesk::XmlNode) const</context><file>./domain_deploy.cpp</file><line>381</line><text>Failed deployment of domain clicletruc.org</text><message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error"><context>void plesk::ExecCmd::reportError() const</context><file>ExecCmd.cpp</file><line>49</line><text>Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain.php --create clicletruc.org -owner Babeth -notify false -guid 64583e8d-7db7-41a0-ac43-43bfd9aa2bfd -creation-date 2006-11-13 failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
</text></message></message></execution-result>

Anyone can help ? I have Plesk 9.3.0 on Ubuntu 8.04

Thank you

I've tried this way without success too :

# /opt/psa/bin/pleskrestore --restore backup_LaurentR_1003201118.tar -level clients
Backup file has wrong signature for this server

Nothing more, but nothing in the vhost repertory.

Help !!

Ijust had a look in /var/lib/psa/dumps and I see all the cilents files extracted here, like this, for example :

ls /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/LaurentR/
backup_LaurentR_info_1003201118.xml domains
lrathle@sd-17013:~/Ter/domains/babeth.fr$ ls /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/LaurentR/domains/
chtitweb.com madonie.org rathle.fr thamms.org
lrathle@sd-17013:~/Ter/domains/babeth.fr$ ls /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/LaurentR/domains/chtitweb.com/
backup_chtitweb.com_info_1003201118.xml backup_chtitweb.com_mn_1003201118.tgz backup_chtitweb.com_vhost_1003201118.tgz databases

and I see the backup in the backup manager of the customer

I've finally found a solution by uncompressing the backup archives and reinstalling the domains of my customers. But I still would like to know what can have happened to know if I've made a mistake or if it is something else. I have :

1) made a backup with Plesk 9.3.0 before reinstalling my linux system
2) reinstalled my Ubuntu 8.0.4 on my machine trying first with the last installer, which didn't work, then with an older one which has offered me the choice of Plesk 9.3.0 which I've made. Install went fine
3) I've tried to restore my customer account, without success. Only the customer account was created, no domains with it.
4) I've tried the same thing after reinstalling my system and a Plesk 9.2.3 version.
5) I've tried to restore the package in command line

If it's a mistake I did, it's ok, but I need to know, because if it is not, can I trust the backup solution of Plesk ?

Back