1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to send email to certain domains

Discussion in 'Plesk 11.x for Linux' started by JasonBibby, Jan 17, 2013.

1. JasonBibby

JasonBibby New Pleskian

85%
    We've been having this problem for a while, email sends fine to 90% of our clients however for a small selection the email won't leave the mailbox on any computer in the office, clients are also having problems on different domains to different email accounts

I get the following error in Apple Mail, along with the rest of my clients using other mail programs.

"Cannot send message using the server xxx

Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check your SMTP server settings in Mail preferences and very any advanced settings with your system administrator"

Anyone have any idea why we can't send to certain domains? My main question is why isn't the email leaving my mail account? What's causing it to not even leave? I don't get a bounce back or anything on the log as it won't connect to the server.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Try to troubleshoot it with help of investigation of main Plesk maillog /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog