• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to start Dovecot IMAP and POP3 server in Plesk Control Panel

kapil soni

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have just created my new server, and I am using Plesk v12.5.30_build1205150826.19 os_CentOS 7 for my server.

The problem is I am unable to start in my Plesk control panel >> Tools & Settings >> Services Management >> Dovecot IMAP and POP3 server

no matter how many times I am clicking the "Green (start the service)" button, It simply says every-time "Information: Please allow for some time for the service to start." but the service don't start.

please see the attached snapshot for the same.

Untitled - 1.jpg

I have created report for this in my control panel : Report ID is TR-PLSK-1471

can anyone please help me how to solve this.

Please note I am only Plesk control panel user, and don't know anything about the server.

thanks for your kind help
regards
kapil

Hi kapil soni,

pls. be informed, that your issue has been very well described and illustrated, but in order to investigate issues, you should prefer to read log - files on your server.

You might as well being interested, that you have the choice to increase log - levels, so that the output has more information. For the Plesk Control Panel you might want to follow:

Back