• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Unable to start Plesk Installer. The following error has occurred: Execution failed. Command: ai.e

Junior Da Silva

New Pleskian
Hi Guys,

having a problem here, I have a godaddy VPS running plesk 17.5.3, and I'm unable to open Updates and Upgrades.

Apparently my ai.exe isnt a valid Win32 application.

I keep getting the error :
Plesk Installer
Error: Unable to start Plesk Installer. The following error has occurred: Execution failed. Command: ai.exe Arguments: Array ( [0] => --service-mode [1] => --enable-xml-output [2] => --ssl-cert [3] => C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\conf\httpsd.pem [4] => --branch [5] => release,stable ) Details: file does not exist or is not executable: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\/admin/bin/ai.exe"

Read some where and tried to run the following code:
C:\Windows\system32>plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components
fork/exec C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\ai.exe: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Hmm... Plesk Onyx can work only on 64-bit Windows - Software Requirements for Plesk

OS Name Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
Version 6.3.9600 Build 9600
Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v3 @ 2.40GHz, 2394 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
System Type x64-based PC

Definitely this is a x64, the plesk odin was installed by default on the VPS and I upgraded to Onyx, I was able to upgrade to Onyx using the Plesk Installer, also installed MSSQL 2016, NodeJS and others, so was working fine until yesterday.

Last edited:
Have you tried to fix it with

plesk repair installation

?

Sorry, looks like 'installation' is only for Linux Plesk version. Try to run

plesk repair all

Just finshed the repair all.
I did repair all prompts, mostly small fixes, like missing ftp root for an account, requested to reconfigure webmail and so on, finished with 1 error and 2 warnings, still having the same problem.

Have you tried to fix it with

plesk repair installation

This command does not help me

PS
OS ‪Debian 7.11‬
Product Plesk Onyx
Version 17.5.3

Error message:
Error: Unable to start Plesk Installer. The following error has occurred: Execution failed. Command: autoinstaller Arguments: Array ( [0] => --service-mode [1] => --enable-xml-output [2] => --ssl-cert [3] => /opt/psa/admin/conf/httpsd.pem [4] => --branch [5] => stable ) Details: file does not exist or is not executable: /opt/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller

Error: Unable to start Plesk Installer. The following error has occurred: Execution failed. Command: autoinstaller Arguments: Array ( [0] => --service-mode [1] => --enable-xml-output [2] => --ssl-cert [3] => /opt/psa/admin/conf/httpsd.pem [4] => --branch [5] => stable ) Details: file does not exist or is not executable: /opt/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller
Try to run upgrade with the following method - Upgrading Plesk for Linux Using Installer Console

Just read next point in the same documentation - Upgrading Plesk for Windows Using Installer Console
Hi Igor, I followed the steps but I selected the current version and stable, forward for everything but at the Main components list for plesk, i got stuck on the below options.

Available actions:
(F) Go forward
(B) Go back
(Q) Cancel installation
(A) Select all
(D) Deselect all

Select an action or a number [F/b/q/a/d/1-29]: F

To continue, you must select at least one component.
(press Enter to continue)

Capture.JPG
I'm able to open the plesk-installer from the command "plesk-installer.exe --console",

however when I run the command "plesk installer --select-release-current --install-component php72" i get again the error:
C:\Windows\system32>plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components
fork/exec C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\ai.exe: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

I was still able to install the php 7.2 by changing the commnad to "plesk-installer.exe --select-release-current --install-component php72"

I navigated to C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin and the ai.exe was 0kb, perhaps where can I download the ai.exe?

Back