• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Unable to Update or Add/Remove Components

Don

New Pleskian
Currently Using: Version 17.0.17 Update #9, last updated on Nov 29, 2016 04:25 AM

After the above update, I can no longer install updates as I have done all along. From the Tools & Settings / Updates and Upgrades, It tells me that 'Component Upgrades are Available'. When I click on the 'Update Components' link at the top right, it takes me to the typical screen that shows which updates are available. In my case, I have the 'Plesk Extensions / WordPress Toolkit' update showing. In the past, once I click 'Continue' it just starts installing the updates and that is it. However, now once I click 'Continue', it takes me to a list of components to select, but there is no option to select, but rather I can 'Install' or 'Remove' components, but this screen is stuck in a loop. I end up having to click 'Cancel Installation' at the bottom.

Try to install all available updates in command line with

# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components

Last edited:
Plesk Onyx
Version 17.0.17 Update #8, last updated on Dec 5, 2016 02:22 PM

This appears to have solved the issue. Thank you for the assistance.

I still have the problem that plesk is looping trying to install an up date for PHP from OS vendor

Php - v gives me version 7.1x but under plesk php settings in get php os version 7.0.8.

Why is plesk not syncing the Ubuntu php version?

Back