• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Unable to update plugin, details: The plugin has not been updated due to unrecognized reason

Koert

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.10 (Cerulean Leopard)
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.63 #1
Hello, we are having problems with Plesk WP Toolkit since recently. Whenever we try to update a plugin or theme, it will give the following error and fail to update:
Unable to update plugin, details: The plugin has not been updated due to unrecognized reason

I came across the following page:

The cause is "Plugin is not compatible with wp-cli." according to that page, but I highly doubt that this is the case for me. It doesn't work for all plug-ins and themes, including big ones such as Elementor, Classic Editor, Wordfence. Does anyone know what could be the problem or how I could figure out what the problem is?

Hello, @Koert. The issue with the unclear error reporting of WP Toolkit has already been brought to our attention and our team is working on resolving the same. The bug ID is EXTWPTOOLK-10316 and a fix will be released in one of the future updates. You may observe the Plesk Changelog here.

What I can recommend is to try updating the plugins/themes from the WordPress Admin Dashboard or via the wp-cli and see if you will get a more informative error. The reason for the update failure itself, unfortunately, cannot be addressed directly by Plesk. It will be best to get in touch with the plugin vendor so they can further review for possible conflicts.

Back