• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Unable to Upload SSL Certificate in Plesk from IONOS (Ubuntu 20.04 VPS)

perPlesk

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.53 Update #2, last updated on June 24, 2023 05:27 PM
I recently purchased a domain from IONOS and set up a small VPS server running Ubuntu 20.04. Following the provided tutorial by IONOS, I installed Plesk through SSH and accessed the admin GUI successfully. However, I encountered an issue when attempting to upload the SSL certificate provided by IONOS (it has a *.key filetype).

1687633183111.png

I have already confirmed that the domain has a DNS record, and I added the appropriate A Record in the IONOS DNS settings. Despite these configurations, I am still unable to upload the SSL certificate.
1687633163563.png

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or suggestions to resolve this issue. Thank you in advance!

After a new domain registration it can take a few hours until the DNS data has been propagated. Currently, the website is accessible, hence the SSL certificate can be issued.

Besides, is there a specific reason why you do not want to use the built-in Let's Encrypt capability to create and auto-renew free certificates?

After a new domain registration it can take a few hours until the DNS data has been propagated. Currently, the website is accessible, hence the SSL certificate can be issued.

Besides, is there a specific reason why you do not want to use the built-in Let's Encrypt capability to create and auto-renew free certificates?
Thanks. I have noticed it this mornig. I tried again and it worked, indeed.

The reason I'm not using the built-in Let's Encrypt capability is simply because I purchased/rented the domain from IONOS and it came with this certificate.
Since I'm new to all this... Am I understanding correctly that I don't have to use this SSL Certificate by the Domain-reseller and can use the Let's Encrypt built in Certificate as a "stand alone" ?

Am I understanding correctly that I don't have to use this SSL Certificate by the Domain-reseller and can use the Let's Encrypt built in Certificate as a "stand alone" ?
Yes, that is correct. You can stay independent from a specific vendor and simply use the built-in "Let's Encrypt" and "SSLIt" extensions to automate this for free.

Yes, that is correct. You can stay independent from a specific vendor and simply use the built-in "Let's Encrypt" and "SSLIt" extensions to automate this for free.

Sorry for writing here, maybe i need to open a new post.

If you use Let's Encrypt, Don't you need to delegate the DNS managemente on Plesk? If not the _acme-challenge TXT record won't be updated automatically and the certificate won't be issued. I am having this problem right now so i tried to create ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com subdomains and add them as DNS Servers, but it does not work.

Customer service from IONOS told me that I need a second IP for my VPS in order to do this but I am not sure if this is correct.

Is there any way to solve this? I can add the record manually but I will have to update it manually again in 3 months for the automatic renewal...

Only for wildcard certificates you'll need the TXT record. Normal certificates use the HTTP-01 authentication method. That does not require a DNS entry.

SO
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Producto
Plesk Obsidian
Versión 18.0.58 Actualización 2, última actualización el 2/Feb/2024 01:19
Hello, I don't know if anyone has been able to solve the problem of renewing the Let's Encrypt certificates on the Ionos VPS?
I have an Ionos VPS server with multiple domains and I only use Let's Encrypt certificates, but unfortunately I don't know how to get them to renew automatically and I have to manually renew them every 3 months.
If anyone can help me, I would be very grateful, at Ionos they tell everyone that having two IP addresses can be done and now since they have made IPV6 free on Ionos, I don't know if it will be the time to try it?

Back